Vision and Values
What we do
Abundant Water supports rural communities to gain sustainable access to safe water. By sharing our clay-pot water filter technology with local potters, and educating and training vendors within the community to market and maintain these filters, we empower individuals and communities to produce their own clean water.
Our approach. We:
- Train local potters in clay-pottery water filter technology
- Develop a training program that can be used by anyone anywhere
- Work with villages to increase their understanding of hygiene and sanitation
- Work with local organizations to help us achieve our objectives
- Increase our sustainability and impact by establishing microbusinesses. We train local people to become water filter vendors, creating a sustainable livelihood for vendors and affordable access to clean water for communities.
Responsibility – we take ownership of our actions
Collaboration – we build partnerships to enable a community
Reflective action – we will never know all the answers so we think, act, reflect and then repeat
Learning – we happily question our assumptions so we can best understand reality
Empowerment – we believe in teaching people to produce clean water, rather than doing it for them
Integrity – our work is reflected in our life and our life is reflected in our work
A global network of organisations that use clay-pottery water filter technology and a social business vendor training model to help remote communities access clean drinking water